Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls
There's nothing worse than having a lunchbox come home that's barely been touched. As parents of two little ones, we're always experimenting in the kitchen to find new and exciting goodies to try. It's safe to say that these Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls are the perfect lunchbox snack for kids.
200gm dried apricots
100gm pitted dates
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup quick oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
1.5 tbsp water
Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it starts to form a ball.
- Add a touch of extra water to combine if needed.
- Shape into desired size and roll in coconut.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze and thaw as needed.
- Do I have to use coconut oil? These bliss balls are very versatile so if you don't have any coconut oil handy, they work just as well with water as a substitute.
- I don't like apricots, what can I use instead? You can substitute the dried apricots for any kind of dried fruit like apples, mangoes, sultanas etc.